Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tao's - Asian-Western Fusion

I am going to break my own rule here and list this restaurant which does not belong to any ethnic group. This is a modern fusion cuisine, combining East Asian (Japanese, Korean, Chinese) and Western. It is too good and need a mention in my blog.

This is a lunch we had at the Tao's restaurant on Sunday. Tao's is located at 201 Bulleen Road. We had 4-course set lunch. The presentation is so creative and a sight to behold that it took me a while to start to dig my fork in. I had sashimi as the starter, followed by beef carpaccio entree, and a baked rockling fish as the main course, and finish off with creme brulee. The sauce for the fish is a blending of butter and miso (japanese bean paste).

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This meal looks sooooooo good. What a incredible presentation. A true work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds delicious. I want to go and try some.

    ReplyDelete