This dish is based on a recipe from a popular Italian recipe cookbook, 'The Silver Spoon". I came across this recipe sometime back, and have always wanted to give it a try, however the price of fresh blueberries has been very prohibitive.
I decided to use imported frozen ones from Chile, South America which cost three times cheaper, which I wonder if the fresh berries will make a difference in the taste (will try it with fresh berries next round to compare.)
I served it with some mashed potato and a stalk of blanched brocollini.
4 pcs Spare-rib pork chops
Plain Flour, for dusting
25 g Butter
3 tblsp Olive Oil
175 ml Red wine
300 g Blueberries
100 g Clear honey
Salt for seasonings
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- Dust the chops with flour.
- Heat the butter and oil in a small flameproof casserole, add the chops and cook, turning occasionally, until browned all over.
- Pour in the wine and cook until it has partly evaporated, then season with salt.
- Pass the blueberries through a food processor and mix with the honey in a bowl. Spread the mixture over the chops, then cover the casserole, transfer to the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes, then serve.